[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - What would you like to see in the camp?

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 24. Apr 2024, 01:23

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 61 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: What would you like to see in the camp?
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 30. Apr 2012, 15:21 

we will also try fruit out of bath sponge material so we can soak water into into it and simulate the 'rotten fruit' (we will of course only use it of the prisoner gives permission) but it might be a nice way to 'cool a prisoner down' :P

BeitragVerfasst: Di 1. Mai 2012, 23:09 

Hi folks!
I´m actually not staying in your camp. I will reside this year in the Seafarer´s camp, but as an Mythodea-"veteran" let me give you some advise and critical aspects to your plans if, I might.
First to the idea of a pillory and a prison:
Beware: you are guests in a country that is at war, but nevertheless it has an established jurisdiction.
So you should not try to create your own laws and punish people on your own (if they belong to your own group and chain of command, it´s something else;) ). There is a guard and a prison in town and there are also lawyers (or at least people you pay for to defend you;) ) and so on...also a pillory ;).
In case there is some "illegal" stuff going on, you should use the opportunity to interact with the rest of the "infrastructure" of Mythodea.
This brings me to the next point: Instead of working how to get more "isolated", try to find every opportunity to play with other groups and places outside your camp. I don´t want to sound negative at all! I find the idea of a camp for "foreigners" brilliant, but keep in mind that it is very easy to get isolated this way.
You would just create a LARP in a LARP going on parallel and without involving yourself in the rest of the HUGE world of mythodea. And this would be also a loss for us german players. If you build a prison, a tavern and so on...what is the point of leaving your camp...it would be more of an autarg village.
I´ve seen this with other camps, they lost track of everything just on concentrating on the plot, or staying in their camp. Go outside! Go to town, do a proper pubcrawl, contact other groups and camps!
So instead of a prison I would say designate people who do diplomacy!
Even we pir...erm honorable seafarers have this. It´s nice, you can connect, you invite the people for
business, or just to show off how nice your camp is. Invite people to "captains dinners" or just to
inform yourself about the political situation.
I would even recommend you to build an "embassy" or somekind of ingame "recruiting/info-office" in town! So you can inform other people of what this new camp is about, maybe you will find new foreign players who even did not know about your camp to join your quest. And what it is you will needing more than a prison: a messaging system and runners! trust me, you need either your own messengers system, or you must find the official ones in town.
So, I hope I could explain what I mean. It would be sad if the idea of the camp ends in the isolation of your group from the rest of the "playground", you´re no orcs or drows ;). Just keep that in mind, you will have so much more fun! (I wrote to your camp-leader, there might be a group of seafarer´s diplomats approach your camp for some "diplomacy"... so be prepared :D)

BeitragVerfasst: Do 3. Mai 2012, 00:25 

"Our camp our laws" is said.

I have another idea for the camp!! What about a huge inverted flying pyramid inhabited by two hundred skeletons!!!?

O'right, let's just think about a big place for the main characters to gather and discuss about all and nothing...

BeitragVerfasst: Do 3. Mai 2012, 13:11 

I´m not sure if I got the message of your post Barjack.
All I said was, that concentrating too much on the inside of your camp get´s you isolated.
Interacting wih the townsfolk and other camps bears opportunities to every player, not only for
the "main characters". Actually the job of the "main characters" is to generate gaming experiences to all
the other players (also if he is a PC), at least this is how our camp rolls...
And my feeling is that Romeowhiskyone is really trying to accomplish that.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 3. Mai 2012, 17:27 

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 4. Mai 2012, 18:12 

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 7. Mai 2012, 09:56 

My comment was just a joke... :mrgreen:

Like Bomber, I think that our camp should have a central place, somewhere to meet each others, and little somethings that makes us feel member of that "foreigners town" (like a Little Italy or Chinatown). We need a place where the ones giving important informations for the whole camp to stand and yell.

And I spoke about a place for the main characters (the "chief" of the camp and those who represent the other groups), because if something's discussed for the whole camp, it'll be a mess if every single one argue at the same time. You know that already.
I think about a tent or something like that. A particular place to receive small delegations, for exemple.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mai 2012, 10:13 

It is very much true that we in the design team would like to encourage players to go out an experience mythodea rather than stay in our camp. The camp is where the day starts, you decide where the path leads from there, and then in the evening you can come back and tell great stories of your adventures with your new friends who are in "the same boat" of being new to this world.

There should be enough infrastructure to make the camp feel like home but it needs to not be isolated. Its not a military encampment, its more of a "neighbourhood" of the town really.

I suspect we will have a meeting place, an open square of some sort. And ofcourse there will be the Grand Expedition meadhall for some things to be done out of the weather.

But I think its important to remember we are trying to start something completely new and fresh. We hope to move away from traditional faction camp ideas that I am very familiar with from both the UK and Germany.

I hope to have some better ideas of how we will integrate with the town infrastructure after JdS but as always we are open minded and willing to listen to all suggestions on how we can make the Wayfarers experience the best one possible.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 22. Mai 2012, 11:09 

BeitragVerfasst: Di 22. Mai 2012, 18:20 

In the most cases i have seen the last years "magical healing" only meaning "less roleplay and faster back to fight".

Hope the magical healing in our camp will be not this way!

http://www.ankoragahn.de

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 61 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde