[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - New to Germany, Want to LARP!

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 24. Apr 2024, 08:58

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: New to Germany, Want to LARP!
BeitragVerfasst: So 9. Dez 2012, 22:22 

Hello everyone!
I am new to Germany and have never LARPed. I really want to get into this as well it looks freaking awesome! I have done anime/fantasy/sci-fi ect conventions and made costumes, ect. I talked to a handful of people in the LARPing community and was directed to this forum. I do not speak very much German BUT I'm willing to learn and hopefully will pick it up fairly quickly. I have looked into ConQuest and Drachenfest which I plan on going to. I have a few people in my area that have showed interested in joining as well.

I'm hoping I can find a group around the Nuremberg area to take me under their wing and help me out in starting.

Any thoughts, comments, helpful hints, confessions ect are appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: New to Germany, Want to LARP!
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 10. Dez 2012, 08:28 

Nürnberg? You're lucky. This town is full of Role Play Gamers. LARP, P&P, Vampire Live ... name it and you'll get it.

Here are two adresses:
http://ultra-comix.de/english.html
The biggest shop of it's kind in whole of europe. This is where you will find your starting gear.
http://www.facebook.com/FinyasTaverne
A nice medival tavern, where you will find people to answer your questions. On tuesday there will be a big local Vampire Live group to discuss plans for the weekend. So if you are interested in Vampire Live - show up on Tuesdays.

Have you ever seen this trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1PGMoK_aU8
These guys are also located in Nürnberg. Wanna meet them? They meet at Finyas Taverne once a month (next time in January). I'll send ya an invitation and we can answer your questions - and if we like you and you like us, you can larp with us.

You wanna see the Conquest of Myhtodea? But you have no idea what to do? Do you wanna be involved in the story or do you just wanna watch it from the outside?
If you wanna be involved write an PN (Persönliche Nachricht) to "Alusei" here in this community. He will give you access to the Edalphi forum and we can talk about your great new Conquest role.

www.larper.ning.com is also a good address to get some insiration about costumes and so on.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 10. Dez 2012, 16:56 

My advises:

before entering larps with a few 1000 of people, have a look at smaller/normal larps with 50 to 500 people.
There are a few sites with lists of larps, for example: larpkalender.de
Choose one or a few larps around your area, and experience the basics of larp, before you have look at the multiple impressions of a bombastic morethan1000people-larp.

Search for an experienced larper, to lead you, tell and show you hints for various situations.
This advise specifically applies to a group of people, starting with larp - you'd better search for two or three long-time-larpers.

CU, Sascha

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 10. Dez 2012, 19:08 

Thank you all for your input.
I PMed you Tarkan!
Arve, I definitely plan on trying some smaller ones out at first but I was told to at least check the bigger ones out as well.
I can't wait to meet some people and work some gear :)

Thanks again!

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 10. Dez 2012, 22:47 

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Jan 2013, 12:38 

In 2011 the Grand Expedition brought some folks to ConQuest... folks who had never larped before, never been on a plane before, never had left America before... and they had a great time. Yes ConQuest is epic but with the right folks to help you make the most of it without "getting lost" you can have a great time. You don't have to feel like you are in "over your head".

Our group is designed to help people experience the big german festivals, even if german is not your first language. We've been doing it a couple of years now and I'll let others tell you if we've been doing it well or not. ;)

Even if you decide the Expedition is not for you, please feel free to come onto our facebook or forum pages and ask questions about the events and how you can make the most of your adventures.

http://www.thegrandexpedition.org/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gran ... 9411259220

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde