[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - A few last min questions ;)

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 26. Apr 2024, 15:05

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: A few last min questions ;)
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 18:30 

I got a few questions here in the last hours before the start of this epic looking event :)

I am new to ConQuest of Mythodea but not new to LARP in general but there is some things about your alchemist system and some other things.

(before you start read I warn you that I ask a lot and that my english is not the best)

1. do the marked places normaly take Visa or is cash prefered?

2. the "friendship of the elements" stat is somthing that you can't just chose as far as I can see and I guess that you have to rollplay your way to becoming good friends with the element to achive that "stat". but my question is, what type of spell do you get? (as far as I have understod you would get some kind of spell) and just because I like knowing stuff I would like to know what kind of spell it is :)

3. I read the word posion in differed parts of the rullset and as far as I understand it's somthing alchemistes can make (I am not english of birth so I might get somthing wrong :P). my question is how to do this? I can't find any kind of posion in the skills that you can chose (ofc stuff like weakned and sicknes countes as a posion but can't find anything like dmg posion or a posion you can put on blades (mainly daggerts) is this because thats not possible or that you have to get those posions in another way? or am I just not seeing the opportunities in the other alchemiste skills ;) (might very well be)

4. your magic rules sayes that a mage do not wear metal armor and I totaly agree with that ;) but do that mean that you can not cast spells like Cleaning Wound, Healing Wound if you want to play a paladin charakter, or is that rule more if you want to play a MAGE charakter?

5. rituals what about them, can I if I want and gather a lot of people I can summon huge a swarm of fireballs to strike down upon the enermys, or make a mass healing spell and all that kind of stuff. is it only the imagination (and GM :P) that set the borders or are there somthing that you can already now tell me that can not happen because it's to OP or to hard to visualize?

6. (edit) the amount of mana or magic you use per spell, where can I see that?

Thx for using your time to read this and a even greater thankes if you can answer 1 or more of my questions :)

Have a nice day and cya at Mythodea :)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: A few last min questions ;)
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 19:53 

1. cash preferred, only one or two accept cards and the mobil connection is not the best there.

4. If you wear metal armor, you cannot cast magic. Simple as that. No Paladin in full plate healing himself or others.

For the rest I am not enough into the rules to answer these.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 19:55 

okay thx a lot :)

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 20:26 

@2: I have no idea... but that is something worth finding out in character.

@3: There is NO damage poison. And yeah, you underestimate the effect of silence poison on enemy spellcasters. Poison may only be applied via arrows in combat or any time any way when out of combat (means: It is not the most effective strategy, but a roleplay hook)

@5: Well, a ritual is expected to be at least 10 Minutes long (or so). Too much time for a fireball. Power of the effect scales with duration and participating people. It is also expected to offer some immersion, by utilising props, holding speeches or singing and dancing etc... (don't just shout "vivat" at a ritual - everyone does it, and it is seriously lame)

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 20:49 

nice thx for telling me (had not thought on silence on arrows :P)

and what you mean is that is the ritual is big and awesome enough it will work? :) ofc it have to fit into the lore and stuff but again that just make it even more awesome :)

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 20:51 

Righto

1: Only a few of the biggest merchants accept plastic. Also, many of the ATM machines in the area around the LARPsite refuse to accept certain cards. (At least I had that problem two years ago)

2: No idea of what kind of spell or effect you might recieve. It might even be something specific to your character.

3: The only way to posion someone aside from having them drink the stuff is to use it on armor piercing missile weapons, in effect crossbow bolts and arrows. Any kind of missile with an effect, be it magic missile 3 or an arrow with silence usually more or less require that you have the attention of your target seeing as he/she need to hear you calling out the missile effect.
There are no damage poison, though the effects of "turn to stone", silence (on spellcasters) should not be underestimated.

4: No magic while wearing metal armor. Anything from the spells and mixtures list is considered magic, regardless what kind of character you play. You can of course give someone a pre-brewed potion bottle while wearing metal armour but that's about it.

5: From what I've seen of rituals they have about zero combat vallue unless it is a ritual to summon one of the avatars, golems or similar, and even then that is done well in advance of the battle.

6: Spell mana (MP) cost is the same as the experience point (EP) cost of the spell. Also, your full magic pool is equal to the ammount of EP you have spent on spells. You can also buy a bigger mana pool with the skill "extra magic points" where you get one MP for each EP spent.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 21:08 

Regarding "Friendship of the Elements", I think that this does not amount to a certain "spell" you can use on a regular basis, but is something that is more subtle and varied, depending on the situation. I have not used that skill myself, but I reckon that it is something like that a nymph oracle might only want to speak to a character with "water friendship", or that someone who has "fire friendship" might be able to resist being tortured by a Black Ice NPC with spells a bit longer - whatever the GM might find fitting in a given scene.

Regarding poisons: "Poison" probably means all Alchemy mixtures that are harmful, like the ones you mentioned. I believe mixtures that have "contact" in their description can be used to poison weapons, which then apply the effect on their next hit.

On mages and armour: There is no distinction between mages, paladins, shamans and other magic users in the rules, all need to follow the same restrictions for their skills. This means that Pladins like in D&D, which cast healing spells while clad in plate armor, are not playable on th CoM. Unless, of course, if they remove their armour and put on some liturgic vestments for healing magic (which would be much cooler anyway, in my opinion! ;-) ).

On "mana": Your mana pool equals the number of total XP you put in learned spells. Each spell costs and amount of mana equal to its XP costs on each cast. So, for example, if you learned "Armour I", "Armour II" and "Armour III" (2, 4 and 7 XP), you would have 13 total MP. With those, you could cast "Armour I" on 6 persons (6x2 MP)or "Armour II" on 3 (3x4 MP), and still had 1 MP left in both cases.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Jul 2013, 21:26 

your guys are awesome :D thx for the quick replys and the good answers :) it realy helped me out a lot

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 5. Aug 2013, 20:05 

Concerning rituals;

It seems to be quite a prevalent (but somewhat debated and quite frankly debatable) idea that duration of a ritual directly impacts its outcome. I have conducted several rituals and they -never- lasted more than 10 minutes. I'd like to think that they made up for lost time in awesomeness, and I have yet to encounter anyone who liked rituals that last for several hours. All where quite successful and in some cases even surpassed expectations in regards to scale of the achieved effect. It would seem that having an awesome ritual is quite a bit more important than duration. Having more participants can help in my experience, but there is also the added difficulty of having all the ritualists contributing to the ritual (as opposed to the quite common practice of herding people to a ritual who then just stand about in an attempt to boost the power of the ritual).

As to its combat effectivity, it would be very difficult to do a ritual -during- combat. However, the same goes for alchemy. A smart ritualist would not do a ritual to start the shower of fireballs now but instead have some sort of an activation trigger (enough people enter a location, codeword, doing a smaller ritual) to release the stored energy at a moment of his or her choosing. For more information, there is a topic in the English forum which contains a document of my hand that goes a bit deeper into the subject of how to do a ritual. Might be useful for next year, no?

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde