[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Another "New Guy looking for Tips" Post.

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 16:28

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Another "New Guy looking for Tips" Post.
BeitragVerfasst: So 30. Nov 2014, 21:47 

Hi, Im going to be participating in the upcoming "ConQuest" in August 2015, Im looking for some tips

-I haven't bought gear or have experience in this type of festival but Ive always craved more Role Play... Being something I come up with or Dream of is well a Dream in it self.

-Im looking for tips on any pricing, help with registration forms, what I can expect when I get there (Im currently located right around 5hours away.) , And any help with IT money exchange rate from OT Euro. Any help is appreciated. :D

-I am a lost Adventurer from a continent abroad, Hoping to find Nobility, Courage, Friends, and even maybe a little coin ;) My journey is endless and my Passion is eternal as is my Selflessness towards Friends.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Another "New Guy looking for Tips" Post.
BeitragVerfasst: So 30. Nov 2014, 22:15 

Hi!

We are happy to help you with any questions you have, but the tast to describe the whole CM experience in a few sentences is a bit too much for me. ;-)

But I think I might be able to help a bit with your last question: There are no fixed exchange rates to and from in-game currency, since this currency is not a true substitute currency, and you will not be able to use it for most "real" purchases (food, gear etc.) but mostly for game-related purposes: Gambling for IG currency, hiring mercenaries, paying a healer and so on.
AFAIK there is also no way to buy large amounts of Mythodea currency, most of it will be distributed in-game as well. A lot of players also use and accept other coins from other LARP events, and you can often buy these for rates of about 30 cents per coin (copper, silver or gold that exchange 1:10 is a widely used system here), but these are, in a strict sense, not "official".

BeitragVerfasst: So 30. Nov 2014, 22:34 

Okay I do appreciate the help, But also to clarify for Food, gear, some services id still use Euro correct?

Also will food be available 24/7 I know the Taverns are open but do they serve food aswell as Mead. One more thing about the size of the event. How far away will the "City" be from the Wayfarers Arrival camp? And can I place my tent anywhere in the camp id like?

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 1. Dez 2014, 21:15 

Normally me and my group show up around sunday and stays for a week, getting all our food from the shops in the town area (the in-game town, not the out-of-game one). You can if you want bay groceries from the super-market which Live-Adventure provides at the game area.

Normally for a week I would spend around 100-150euro in food, not having to cook anything myself for a whole week.

And the taverns will usually close at around 1-2am and open againg at around 10am? (not sure when)

Fire: 11/12/13
VU: 14/15/16

BeitragVerfasst: Di 2. Dez 2014, 05:45 

I appreciate the insight, Just want be prepared before I get there... As for Taverns - Im not a huge drinker but I have never drank "Mead" before so it will be worth the experience. Thanks for all the help.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 5. Dez 2014, 11:27 

Everything in the event is within walking distance of eachother. I'm unsure of actual distances, but unless you've spent all day on your feet and are getting really tired of walking it's not too bad ;) Typically figure 5-10 minutes walking each way.

You can't place your tent wherever you like within a banner/ward (Main camp/subcamp). Usually in the months leading up to the event organizers in your ward will play the great game of tetris, planning access roads, group placement, and so on. So when a nice person email or PM you with questions about tent size etc you'd be wise to answer ;)
Sometimes wards do get full and the spillover is usually those who failed to request a tent slot, or those arriving very late.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 5. Dez 2014, 12:39 

Okay I appreciate the help a lot... So excited to go. Preparing everything right now, From my character to the extra stuff I want to bring.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde