[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Newbies with many questions!

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Di 16. Apr 2024, 05:49

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Newbies with many questions!
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12. Feb 2015, 01:22 

Hello everybody! :D
This year me and some of my friends are considering joinning the ConQuest event in August!
And since it would be our first LARPing event, we have many questions!
(Please don't get mad if those questions seem stupid. I just don't want to something wrong!).

I'll add more questions later but for now I have those one:

1- Is it possible to take pictures, or to film during the event? (From what I understood I think it's a no. But I'd like to have a confirmation)

2- How does the IT currency work, and how do you get it ?

3- There is a limit of 15 square meter per person for the tents. If we join as a group, is it possible to combine the total area for the group? If yes, how could we do this?

4- Is a swordmage character accepted? By swordmage I talk about a character using a longsword as main weapon but who is also able to cast some spells.Of course a swordmage would wear either leather or no armor.

5- Are Nerf weapons allowed? And if yes how do they work? (If they have a medieval look of course)

6- Where do you eat? Are there IT taverns, or shops where we can buy food ? And is there a way to make a fireplace to grill things, or are there predifined fireplaces?

7- And how is it why showers and toilets ? Are there enough of them

8- Is the fact that you don't speak german really a problem? (Personnaly I do, but some of my friends don't)

For now I have no other questions, I hope I'm not annoying anybody with them.
Thank you for answering me as soon as possible! :)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Newbies with many questions!
BeitragVerfasst: Do 12. Feb 2015, 11:58 

Sounds great that you guys will join the CoM ^^

I'm no authority at all, which means that my answers my not be the preferred way of during things, however they are based on what is the norm between the players at CoM ;)

1 - A lot of people are taking pictures at CoM. It is preferred that you hide your camera however. There are a lot of ways to do this. My friend from LarpForge did it like this at CoM14

2 - There are no "formal" currency, I have seen people use everything from scrap metal to foreign currency. But the most accepted currency are the McOnis coins . He normally has a shop where you can buy coins at the con.

3 - The area given to you can be combined. Me and my brother share a tent, which means that our tent can fill 30 square meters.

4 - According to the ruleset you can be anything you like, however no matter what kind of creature, holy being, or spectacular half-cat man-eating spiritual fairy-orc you will start out with the same amount of xp as anyone else ^^

5 - I have not seen Nerf-guns at the con, but I imagine that it is a no go. But I don't know.

6.a - Either you make your food in the camp, or you can buy it in the in-time city in one of the many taverns.

6.b - You can have a grill at your camp. Don't think you are allowed to dig a fire pit, so make sure to raise your fire from the group.

7 - There are more than enough showers and toilet, so don't you worry about that. You might want to bring your own toilet paper however ;)

8 - I'm unable to speak german and I'm during fine. You might however lose some of the big speaches, however my experience is that there are always someone nearby who can translate. I'm just gonna dump a link for the library which I'm trying to put together where you can find english as well as german texts about what is going on in Mythodea

Fire: 11/12/13
VU: 14/15/16

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 14. Feb 2015, 01:11 

Hello Niels!
Thank you for replying so soon! :D
Also thanks for answering them, and for the links ^^

I've got another question

9- What is the best Banner and the best Ward to join if you are new to LARP and you don't speak german?

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 14. Feb 2015, 13:54 

Any banner will take good care of you. But if you are completely new to the world of Mythodea and want to get a feel of it before choosing side I will recomment the Freedom Banner is a good place to start if you like fighting, or Explorers Banner if you want plot. Adamant and Unity banner is more advanced game based on the lore and is harder to get into if you don't speak german. (Atleast thats my experience ^^)

Fire: 11/12/13
VU: 14/15/16

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 16. Feb 2015, 18:08 

1: There's lots of people running around with cameras, as long as you do it somewhat discrete and don't mess up other peoples immersion and roleplay I guess you'd be fine. As long as you're not doing the "battlefield tourist" thing, at least.

2: Several shops sell coins you can use ingame. Word of advice unless you plan to play stinking rich and engage mercenaries and such is to buy copper. As the price of copper, silver and gold are roughly the same pr/coin many player merchants like teahouses and such prefer to be paid in copper. Some even refuse to accept silver or gold.

3: Yes, you get 15 square meters for each person in your group, but it is camp area not tent area, if you plan to have space to sit, cook or whatever outside your tent you need to use of your groups alloted space.

4: Spellcasting normally requires both hands free and are limited to tier one armor (leather/cloth).
(Metal armor renders you unable to cast spells)

5: Nerf guns are allowed as long as they do not fire any projectile, they fall under the special ranged weapon rule:
Special ranged weapons just for the ambience
To this category belong all sorts of ranged weapons that cannot be classified by
the categories above (e.g. Bandguns, Pirate Pistols with blank cartridge (and no projectiles), Nerfguns and so on).
The emphasis of such weapons is on the ambience and not on the damage they cause.
Decorative firearms must not be able to fire projectiles.
Such weapons can only be used once in a battle, do 0 Damage and only inflict an
effect like „Gust of Wind“ on the target, which takes the target back a few steps.

Freedom and explorer are probably best if you are new to the setting and not connected to some larger group.

You might want to look up "the Grand Expedition"; an international (english speaking) group open to anyone willing to follow its rules and character concept limitations. Both plotters and fighters call the G.E. home, and you'll find lots of experienced players willing to help exploring the Mirrorworld.
The G.E. are most likely staying in the Adamant banner/Western ward, although aligned with the elements the G.E. does not require the individual characters to worship the elements.

If you are interested in joining up, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the group leader and page :)

BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Feb 2015, 01:29 

Hello André, and thank you also for answering my questions :D

Here is one other question:

10- I wear glasses (because without them I don't see much ^^'). But I'm afraid that I could break the immersion of some players if I wear them during the event. Thus I would like to know if taking daily contact lenses for the event is a good idea. I never wore contact lenses, but I'm willing to give it a try for the event! (And I would like to know if there is a risk of them falling during combat, or others situations.)

Thank you for your informations, and proposition on joining the G.E. But I need to talk with my friends about it, before I can say if we are interested in joining your group (For now our group consist of 8 people). And as I said we are quite new to the LARPing world. I don't want us to be a burden in your group. :)

BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Feb 2015, 08:34 

Happy to help 8-)

Lots of players wear glasses during the larp, it is one of those offgame items most, if not all other players are willing to ignore since not all people can wear lenses. Wearing glasses during combat might be a tiny bit risky, hits to the head are illegal but they do happen in the heat of battle and having your glasses knocked off in a full blown melee with lots of people stomping around would be.... bad.

I've used lenses on and off, and found that the daily (disposable) ones work best for larping as hygiene options often are reduced at larps.
Just remember to get your lenses well in advance so you get used to put them in/take them out as well as wearing them for most of the day.

I'm only a member of the G.E. but it pretty much exist to help people find their way at Drachenfest and Conquest of Mythodea, so I don't think you'd be a burden at all. The G.E. offers lots of ingame support from players well versed in the lore who are more than happy to share their knowledge and understanding of the plot and lore. There are a few limitations on character concepts, some rules for costuming colours, and a few hardline rules for social behavior to keep things civil and enjoyable for all members.

Feel free to send me a nudge if you decide on approaching the G.E, I can tell you more about the specifics of the rules and limitations, if your group still are interested I'll put you in contact with the leader of the G.E.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde