dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 17:07

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: What kinds of play counts towards your XP
BeitragVerfasst: So 6. Sep 2015, 16:28 

Hey, the rules says that for evey 2 days of LARP you have done as your character you get 1 XP.

Thats simple enough, but that kinds of play counts as LARP here? somewhere I see D&D and other pen and paper games mentionened as a kind of LARP, but since LARP is short for Live Action Rollplay, I get confused a little, cause in DK where I live we don't count D&D as live rollplay.
So the real question here is: does D&D counts as days of playing your character or not? have to be counted as time spend out game and not ingame ofc since the other would just be abusive :P

Thanks a lot for taking time to read this, and thanks ever more if you can give me an answer.

See you all in 331 days :P

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: What kinds of play counts towards your XP
BeitragVerfasst: So 6. Sep 2015, 17:01 

I can't give you a final answer, but I would like to give my 2 cents on this one aswell.

In my group we have talked alot about what days to count (24 hours days, calendar dates etc.) and then we talked to a german guy (I'm a dane) and he said that in the rules it says "con-tage" (con-days) and he then told us that they were talking about "con-quest" days, not actual days you have played your character in any LARP event. Because an event wouldn't be a con (convention).

In the end our group got so confused by this and we simply desided that we only would count days at an Live-adventure event as days we have played our character. But a more detailed explanation for how XP works would be great.

But in the end, I haven't felt the need to boost my character, althou it would be nice, due to the size of the event, you don't feel the xp difference between characters. ^^

Fire: 11/12/13
VU: 14/15/16

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 7. Sep 2015, 16:32 

Synopsis:
I would count any event where you got to play your character (so no costume modeling) and there was a little bit of story happening (so not just sitting around doing barbecue).

Longer explanation:

First off, what is a "larp event": This means any event where you played Live Action Roleplay. No D&D, no visits to stuff like the Knutepunkt or Comic Conventions (even if you dress up like your character).

Then, how many "contage", "larp days" has an event? For example, many germans count a normal weekend larp, where you start on friday evening and play until sunday morning, as "3 Contage", "three LARP days", even if it would be closer to 30 hours of LARP. An even more hotly discussed thing would be tavern events, where you are only larping for one evening. I would be OK with counting such an evening as a "larp day" if anything of importance (with or without LARP violence) happened. For example, if the apprentice learned something new or the adventurer got lucky (or unlucky) with the dice.

Also, please remember, almost all germans only accept events where you played this particular character! I have, for example, two main characters. But at the Conquest of Mythodea I am a NPC, so no character of mine would get experience. Last weekend I was at larp event with my knight, so he gets a "larp day", but my high priest gets nothing.

I know, there are a lot of unwritten cultural rules in the short abbreviation "Contage". If you have uncertain examples, I could help you decide. Or I could explain more deeply, if you have specific questions.

2013-2015: SE Schwarm 8

BeitragVerfasst: Di 2. Feb 2016, 16:06 

I know this reply comes a bit late :P but wanted to thank you for taking your time to try and help me out here :)

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde