[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Beds at the Inn?

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 18:01

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 30 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Beds at the Inn?
BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Jun 2010, 14:39 

It looks like there was an inn like I am looking for, atleast in 2007/2008. The Albatross Inn.

alt/viewtopic.php?t=3051

Thats pretty much the kind of set up I was hoping to find. Anyone know these folks and any idea if they are coming back in 2010?

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Jun 2010, 15:01 

Hi Romeo!
I am one of these folks. :mrgreen:
Unfortunately the hostel Albatros won't attend the CoM2010.
We were there in 2007 and 2008 but then had to make a decision because we found that we can't do both (Drachenfest and Conquest). :(
Thus I am afraid we won't be able to help you. Sorry.
But I am sure you wil find some nice guys who will offer you a place to sleep.

Yours
Ira

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Jun 2010, 15:17 

Hello Ira, thanks for letting me know. Have fun at Drachenfest, and please pass on my compliments to your group. From what I have seen you guys are doing a great job!

It would be ever so cool if there was an inn to stay at within the city but I imagine for now I will be looking to doss somewhere in the mercenary camp as befits a wandering sword for hire adventurer.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 20:28 

I think I have managed to secure tent space. I have been amazed by the kind generosity shown by so many people on here in such a short time.

Please forgive my further questions.

I notice that the city is a "peaceful" area. I take that to mean there is no combat there...player versus player or player versus non-player character. Is that correct?

Is this then the only "peaceful" area? Is it possible to be attacked by NPC's and PC's anywhere else? I have experienced mugging and robbery in UK larps. Does the same exist here?

What time, if any, is "time-out" (OT) in the evening? And what time is "time-in" (IT), in the morning?

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 20:51 

Hey there...

Well yes, the City itself is a 'no fighting zone' also the Camps itself, to prevent damage at the tents, the furniture, people stumbling and so on and so on, so the camps fights are in the 'fighting zone' in the entrance Area of the Camp, or at best outside of it ;) This not means you are save in there, it just means there should not be wild bashings in there ;)

For robbery, yes, you can go and try to 'collect donations' from friendly wanderers - if NPC or PC -on the open fields... several do it at night ;)

although i think the NPCs -as for example the undeath- will not have to much you can take from them ;)

For time in, Time out... there is no sleep-break in Mythodea ;) there is no break in the play for the night or sleep.

I hope i helped a little - non the less Robert as GM will add some things here (i bet a copper on it XD )

Greetings brauni

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 21:10 

Thanks for the quick reply.

So let me see if I have this right, you cant fight in the city. And you should not fight in the camps, except for the area around the camp entrance...which since most camps put up a palisade would be the camp gate. But you could still be assassinated, poisoned, kidnapped etc etc in the camp?

I take it the Dungeon is an exception to this? It would seem from reading the Dungeon forum that people dont generally sleep in the Dungeon camp per se but in tents adjacent to the camp itself. So would anything go in the Dungeon?

This then would make the areas between the camps the main fighting zone, and anything goes there? Who keeps the peace? If I am a player and I am killed by another player, can they take my IC coins?

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 21:37 

Well, you should not fight in the city, but this not means you have to keep peacefull, if you not like Orcs then let them know, make comments, insult, scream for the Cityguard, eun in cycles in panic, whatever, RP it ;)

And yes, behind the gate there each and every camp should have a 'fightzone' this is used when the NPC army gets the camp, they have to hold this zone for some time and the camp is considered taken by them.
The fight Area is where the big fights Camp vs. Bad Guys should happen - or better not let them even come into the camps ;)

And for assassination, well, idk if you got thou the rules, each try to assassinate someone needs a GM informed and taking care of the action - and you need the suiting talent on your character sheet. BUT: All private Tents are (surprise) private. So not enter them and try to kill the Victim in sleep.
But a kidnapping is possible, i just think of getting the victim between the tents, sneak behind them and use the Talent "Knock unconscious" - and then try to get the KO Body out of the Camp and in your caring hands ;)
Also you could try to poison, but a fight between all the tents, fires and lines criss-cross the place... nothing what really is fun ;)

And the dungeon, yep, it is different ^^ in the dungeon itself there is fighting, where the residents of it have there tens behind/aside/somewhere arounfd the construction of foils and wood that is the dungeon itself. So it is a dangerous place what makes it so fun, eh? Also it has a nice Tavern inside itself, the Mad Goblin - this is worth a visit.

So yes, the conclusion is right: the meadows between the camps are the main fighting zones. And who keeps peace there? hmm, we are at a siege to get into the fort of the undeath, right into a warzone... A Dangerous palce, no guards there on the meadows, sometimes oyu just have to run... or make people run from you.
Some actions like this tend to have consequences too, as some orcs on the meadows took down some Firecampers, what made the firecapers 'friendly knock' the door of the orccamp...

And the thing with the IC Coins. I not know the rules to this, so i let this unanswered before i tell rubbish - although i mostly it is just asked: "do you have coins with you?"

Greetings
brauni

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 21:45 

hehe! :lol:

Very nice. Thank you for answering my questions. Its one thing to read the rules, its another to have the more subtle applications of those rules explained.

I've been to different larps with different accepted practices. Its nice to get an idea of what is possible.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 11. Jun 2010, 22:00 

Yes,
LARP happens on the Con, and all Organizations and rules have different things about what is possible and what should not happen, and well, a big one like the Conquest has some more things to think off, especially from the mass of people and the different play styles meeting and meshing there ;)
But i for myself like the Conquest rules, they are a easy and slim framework, that offer enough options for fun play. Not to mention the Event itself with his massive size is just amazing ;)

So well, some more questions? Just ask, someone will always answer ;)

Greetings
brauni

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 12. Jun 2010, 02:05 

Fighting between players is more the exception than the rule, exept for the usual differences between orcs and some of the "good" groups with a more inquisitional attitude. Some cases of alternative aquisition of wealth on the dark streets at night might have happened, but personally I never experienced any of that ;) .

The CoM is mostly based on the concept of PvE, speaking in terms of online games, which sets it apart from the other big event in germany, the Drachenfest, which is almost solely based on PvP. This healthy difference gives both something distinctly special.

Actually there are keepers of the peace who do their best to keep the countryside quiet and organised, but for some reasons Players usually try to hit them with sharp objects. The only other place where you can get help is of course the city with its watch, which isn't stupid enough to venture outside the city walls to provide assistance, though. Depending on the generel threat-level it could be advisable not to travel alone.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 30 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde