[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Beds at the Inn?

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Di 23. Apr 2024, 09:25

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 30 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Beds at the Inn?
BeitragVerfasst: Sa 12. Jun 2010, 03:30 

Yes, I have been reading all I can about both systems, thanks to the magic of google translation!

I like the comparison to massively multiplayer online games. Its very interesting to see the slightly different approach of the larger german festivals compared to the british festivals. The video I saw of limbus was quite clever.

I also read the post from one of the game staff surprised at the low number of player deaths at a previous seige. I guess I put that down to the robust healing system in place in mythodea. Much like the british systems as long as you dont get attacked alone somewhere, or get cut off from your friends for an extended length of time, you stand a good chance of surviving thanks to my favorite people...healers! Its always fun trying to remind fighters to push forward rather than fall back since even if you get "dropped" as long as the line moves forward people tend to survive. Its when people get lost behind the enemy line that they tend to "die". I imagine this would be the same here.

The dungeon can be pretty scary with pvp from I gather as well. Good news for me as I like to be a little scared. Games with little or no risk tend to lack the adrenaline rush I like. Good comparison is EVE Online. I find it more rewarding than say World of Warcraft, since you stand so much more to lose.

I think what attracts me the most to Mythodea is not only the shear size of the event but the general level of kit quality. The costuming looks magnificent. And for me, thats a big part of the suspension of disbelief. Atmosphere and ambience is so important. Costumes, props, and setting....like a good movie! Throw in a decent plot and competent actors and voila you have a masterpiece!

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 12. Jun 2010, 04:25 

Let me add that PvE is the core of the CoM, but that PvP is not forbidden- whatever this shall mean ;)

And the Dungeon - i know i had a great time as we had some NPC in the Dungeon one year ;)
There be Monsters...

And the if you get lost behind the lines, you could not only die, but also be assimilated by the Black Ice, or find some interesting time in the the tents of the Fleshsewers of the Undeaths... So much possibilities, so little time :D

So yes, the healers do their very best to keep people alive, but when you get alone in the woods and get found there by some bad guys... well... bad luck ;)
So best always carry healing potions with you, just to help if you find such a poor soul! And as it happens i know that there will be the "Alchmia Rigatoni" in the Aircamp *winks winks poke poke commercial grin* SCNR

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 12. Jun 2010, 13:18 

Are potions quite readily available for sale?

Assimilated by the Black Ice? You mean you could find your character changing sides?

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 12. Jun 2010, 17:43 

Indeed there is the possibility for characters to see the light and fight for the freedom of a whole continent for a change, if only temporary. You won't lose control of your character this way, as long as you get a little help by other players.

Your description of the chances of death are quite correct. Apart from a few unlucky fellows who indeed go down moments before their side loses control of this particular part of the battlefield it's usually just death either by stupidity ("Uh, it's only NPCs, let's not tell anyone and get some action for ourselves" or "I just want to go for a walk before I go to bed, no need to accompany me, I'll see where the road takes me ...") or by players decision when it was a great show and a great and memorable moment for a heroic parting.

BeitragVerfasst: So 13. Jun 2010, 22:22 

Sounds like some things are the same no matter what country, Aquila. :lol:

What are the general rules and guidelines on banners or standards at the event? For example limits on size and materials allowed. In particular, how do standard bearers work in combat. Is it allowed?

BeitragVerfasst: So 13. Jun 2010, 23:17 

Hi Romeowhiskeyone,

you are allowed to carry your banner or flag into the battle. Even on a wooden pole. The only thing is: You are not allowed to fight with it nor even parry.

There is no written size limit. The only rule that applies is safety. Think of the others.

About the materials: Players and NPCs use mostly two different flagpoles to show their colours in the battle - either the "boffer" one (made like a larp-spear, fibreglassrod within foam & latex) or wood/bamboo about two tumbs thick.

This picture of one of the smaller battles might give you an impression of how players carry their flags into battle:

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30 ... orama2.jpg

BeitragVerfasst: So 13. Jun 2010, 23:44 

Thanks Robert. :)

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 16. Jul 2010, 16:45 

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 16. Jul 2010, 17:16 

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 26. Jul 2010, 10:17 

Or you could just go to the toilets OOC... It would be logical to have toilets or latrines inside the guarded camps but because of hygiene and regulations this is impossible, so the containers are outside. But since this is due to Offplay reasons, I have no problem going the offplay as well.
As long as you don't use it as an excuse and then just go somewhere else, that should be OK! Just make sure, you make the appropriate sign (crossed arms above your head or on your chest) or carry a towel or something clearly visible and obviuos!

Siegelstätter Bote

06-10 - Magie
11-13 - Vorstadt (Siegelstatt)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 30 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde