[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - english version of website

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Di 23. Apr 2024, 19:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 13 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: english version of website
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 17. Aug 2011, 19:15 

I'm looking forward to seeing the english version of the website published...

But whats this I hear rumors of a new camp? A "beginners" camp?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: english version of website
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 17. Aug 2011, 23:01 

As you can easily identify on the main page, oh noble leader of the merry band of (doomed) men and women of the grand expedition, since the name of the camp follows the modern art of prefering english names to german ones, there is indeed a beginners camp on offer next year.

Taking from the text it is a camp designed for those new to ConQuest, adding to the library of the ouai in the city, the main plot location for those new to the realm. The idea is to provide an entry into background and plot, to assist those who have no clue why people speak of mythodea at one point and mitraspera the next, how to protect against pestilence or why everyone fears the vinshaar. How, of course, this camp is going to be special they do not tell, as of yet, but I expect special "basic" plots as well as a larger number of GM and NPC.

May you travel in peace (for now).

BeitragVerfasst: Do 18. Aug 2011, 19:10 

Thank you for the information Aquila! I look forward to the English version of the site and also, more information on this new camp.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 23. Aug 2011, 14:37 

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Aug 2011, 12:24 

I’m a beginner (well first timer in Mythodea, not a beginner larper) and did not sign up to beginners’ camp. I choose “Erde” because I just love my pointy ears. Is there any possibilities to get that kind of beginner information anyway or do I really have to stay in the B-camp?

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Aug 2011, 13:12 

First: Im not one of the officials, but:

in all the past years there were no beginners camp and everyone who makes an effort could easily get into the story and background. There are enough places where you can get information, as well as enough old players who can help you and guide you through the world of Mythodea. The beginners camp seems to be a help for those who are new to the world, possibly also new to the whole hobby. If you do not choose that camp you have got enough other ways to getting started on Mythodea, you just have to search them ;)

Regards, Julian

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Aug 2011, 17:40 

I noticed that it’s near 100 000 posts in the forum and about 500 in the English section. Is it wise to run the other threads in Google translate or do we who don’t speak German not bother of what’s in the rest? Are there any special threads that would be advised to follow even if it’s just in German?

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 24. Aug 2011, 18:06 

Generally I think it's good to have a look at what's posted in the official forums (the stuff under Support). Otherwise it might be good to look at what's going on in the camp you want to participate in, generally there'll form different planning threads and I think quite a few of the important ones get stickied or at least bumped simply by common use.

There's quite a lot of chatter going on which doesn't necessarily interest everybody, so I don't think running everything through google would be of help to anybody.

What I would advise against is running your reply through google translate and posting that in the German section - google translate isn't that good. I think people would be a lot more forgiving if you posted in English. You could also try posting to the English forum referencing tthe German thread you are interested in, I'm sure quite a few people look in there as well.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 25. Aug 2011, 08:41 

BeitragVerfasst: Do 25. Aug 2011, 08:48 

It helps a lot. Now I know what to do this weekend too… ;)

Thanx for all the quick and helpful answers’. It’s gonna be a fun event.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 13 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde