dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 21:22

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Trasfering Character points
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 02:06 

Hello,

My wife and I have fallen in love with this game concept. We larp here in the US and are planning on traveling to Conquest 2012. What documentation is needed for additional build. My wife has been playing for 3 years and I have been larping since 2001. Any assistance would be helpful.

Tom
aka Renee
aka Fafhrd

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Trasfering Character points
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 04:36 

Hm, whats your problem?

You take the days you have played your characters, an a halve of it (+10) is the number of points to spend.
Choose spells, brewing and your regular skills on a !charakter sheet!, and thats been the points ...

At which point exactly do you need help?

CU, S/A

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 05:04 

Do I need to bring evidence of my larping. I guess I am wondering at what point does the character get created. Maybe I am out of reference. American Larpers tend to be powergamers and I do not wish to be such.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 08:36 

Ah, okay ...
I have never been asked for any evidence.
Maybe my outfit was "used" enough, to explain: no newbie.
Maybe they remembered my face.

Do you have any sheets of "evidence", you could show the SL?
Thats the way to be sure.
If you haven't any: you can have a lot of fun without any points, especially if its your first CoM.

Have fun!
CU, S/A

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 12:05 

i guess it comes down to the honesty of the player in the end. Playing since '01 can mean a lot because in this rule system we count days played. If you play 1 2day weekend per year its just 24 days played. If you have played way more days it can be much more.

at the moment i play 4 characters on 4 different events. On most of them i have quite a few unspend experience point. The reason is that most of them are not casters and at a certain moment you have bought all skills that match your character concept. Do you wish to be the all powerfull warriormage or do you want a character that has limitations so you need other players to accomplish your personal goals and in doing so creating openings to have interactions with other players.

just my 2 cents

orophil

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Dez 2011, 23:12 

Orophil

I feel the same way you do. I would not ever use that many events. I intend to match my wife's build. (doesn't pay to one-up the wife.) We are excited but a trip to Mythodia pricey. Are there tent and gear rentals available?

BeitragVerfasst: Do 15. Dez 2011, 00:07 

First of all, you deserve my respect for visiting us (or even the intention) by coming over form the US!

Concerning the characters it is, like Orophil wrote, a confidence case. I have never been asked for any sheet of evidence neither.

In the last years there was a chance to rent a tent, respectively a place in a tent; I'm not sure if it will this year again, at least I suppose. But it will be about € 10,- each person and day extra. And I think there is kind of booking necessary for that.
Concerning gear there is - as far as I know - no possibillity of lending something.

If your request is also in terms of the limited baggage in the plane, you should try to take only the necessery garments with you and maybe wear the not too conspicuous parts of your gameclothing during your travel (in Germany you may go by train in full equipment :) ).

And I estimate that no one will be cross if you bring along a standard tent, expacially due to the fact that you arrive from the US.
It is surely enough if your tent is not too flashy (modern looking).

Looking forward to having two new guests from overseas in Brokeloh in 2012.

And please do not misinterpret my nickname. It has got nothing to do with racism.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 15. Dez 2011, 13:29 

Hi,

Just a hint:
Join the Grand Expedition.
Their leader comes from the US, but lives now in england. This group comes with some army tents. Ugly but big.
There would be space to sleep an tables for your meals. And they speak english most of the time which would
help you to undestand whats going on.
http://www.thegreatexpedition.org

You could also wait for the "Wiki-hotel" (Viking hotel) advertisments in this forum. There you could book
tents, breakfast, even real beds. It costs some money, but how much depends on what you want to have.
I believe a bed costs 70 Euro per night.

If you want to rent some gear, ask in the forum for that. There will be no "renting central", but some playes will
share their stuff. For example last year I brought 3 tents and 5 chainmailarmors for other people with me.
I don't know if I would do this next year. Maybe if I have enough space in my car.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 2. Jan 2012, 05:41 

Well thank you for the kind words about the Grand Expedition! The Army tents were not very pretty but very practical, especially for our first trip. We're looking at ways to improve our camp look this year. Its quite likely we won't have access to the same military tents this year. We're definitely open for recruiting the right people for the Expedition!

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde