[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Airport info

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Do 18. Apr 2024, 11:51

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 26 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Airport info
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Dez 2011, 07:52 

What is the closest major airport to the game and roughly how long and difficult a trip is it to get to site?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Airport info
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Dez 2011, 10:07 

Try to get a flight to Hannover.
Then by train to Nienburg or Landesbergen, this will take about 1 hour.
Now its getting a bit difficult...You could get to Brokeloh

by bus: another hour, but they drive directly to Brokeloh. You need to walk a little bit.

by taxi: convinient, but expensive. I dont know how much it will cost, but I think between 50 and 100 Euro

with somenone who picks you up at the train station. There are many poeple who come to broeloh this way.
Post your request in the forum: Community->Allgemeines->Mitfahrgelegenheiten

Use www.bahn.de for train and bus connections/booking

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Dez 2011, 13:18 

Where are you come from that you need an airport?

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Dez 2011, 17:35 

Hello Thomas,

for your Trip from the States:

Book flights from any US Airport to a major EU Airport like Amsterdam, London, Paris or Frankfurt, Germany. From there the Airtaxi to HAJ (Hanover Airport).

Distance to Playgrounds from there is 44 km. According to Taxi Calculators, the Fare would be around 50-60 EUR (1.40 EUR per Kilometer) for a single trip.

Or: Airport Langenhagen by train to Hanover Central Station, switch train to Nienburg City Station, from there by bus to Brokeloh Village. But this works not on Sundays....

Personally, i think the Taxi works best. OR: Contact the other US & UK Larpers via Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-UK ... 9411259220), they are travelling by a rented bus. Probably they could pick you up (heck , its only a 40km trip).

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 11. Feb 2012, 20:47 

Hello,

I'll be spending a few days in Zweibrücken before coming up to Mythodea.

I wouldn't mind taking the train as I'd get to see the country (this is my first trip to Germany).

However, would it be smarter/easier/cheaper to fly from Frankfurt to Hanover?

Thanks!

BeitragVerfasst: So 12. Feb 2012, 00:27 

Well, coming from NZ I guess you already got enough of flying for some time, so I'd say taking the train is a good idea. Do not expect a scenic route though, germany isn't NZ and you will be better off reading a book than looking out of the window ;) . The train takes you in 4 hours from Frankfurt to Nienburg (Weser), which is much closer to ConQuest than Hannover Airport, and will not cost you more than a flight (especially if you manage to book in advance).

BeitragVerfasst: So 12. Feb 2012, 05:33 

Thanks, Aquila!

I'm more than happy to see non-scenic stuff. Seeing any part of a foreign country is interesting to me. And trains are a real novelty - I haven't taken very many train trips. :D

Four hours isn't at all bad.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 5. Mär 2012, 14:45 

I would also advise to look at the train. First it makes no difference in price, but flying is quite a hassle. With boarding check-in and other things you are not faster than by train but you have less comfort and less peace.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 5. Mär 2012, 18:36 

Some additional thing on the trains:

Frankfurt Airport is quite well connected to the train network, so you can take high-speed trains to most major cities from there, including Hannover HBF (HBF="Hauptbahnhof", i.e. central station). The best choice for such trips is usually the "ICE"-class of overland trains (ICE= "Intercity Express"), they are fast and comfy, and take 2:30 hours from Frankfurt to Hannover. From there, you would have to go to Nienburg (Weser) with a slower overland train.

The website of the german state railway, which Robert already mentioned, is also available in english, they have an online trip planner where you can also book tickets:
http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml
Usually their pricing policy is that they offer large discounts when you book in advance, but then you have to take that particular train you booked. If you order the ticket like two or three months befor your trip, you can get the single trip Frankfurt - Nienburg for about 30,- Euro. The normal priced tickets, on the other hand, are always available and allow you to take other (earlier or later) trains on the same route as well, but are more expensive (about 100,- for a single trip Frankfurt - Nienburg).

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 5. Mär 2012, 21:57 

Thanks very much for that additional advice.

Eeeee! I've never been on a high-speed train. So exciting!!!!!

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 26 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde