[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Some questions

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 27. Apr 2024, 17:47

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 15 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Some questions
BeitragVerfasst: So 10. Jan 2010, 17:18 

Hi.

We are a group of people, who are going to make 2010 our first year at Mythodea. Really looking forward to it.

I have some questions I hope you can help me with.

We have a couple of people in our group there are under 18 and will be in need of guardians.
I haven’t been able to find this document. Where can I find it?

We would like bring our inn, which is a wooden construction there can be assembled without any need for digging or holes in the ground. It is white with black beams resembling an old inn. We would have it in the camp, where our group would eat. Can we bring it, or doesn’t it fit the setting?

I have read in weapons control (waffencheck) that wooden shields have to have foam padding on the front to cover screw heads. We have wooden shields, there are patted with foam on the edges, but on the front. They have no screw heads on the front, it is smooth. Would they be allowed?

Helle.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Some questions
BeitragVerfasst: So 10. Jan 2010, 18:41 

Hi Vannadon,

cool to have you there, and we hope that you will enjoy the 2010 event...

About your Questions:

The Inn:

It is no problem to have an "inn" in the camp, there are already some in different camps. About the size and look of the wooden construction: To give you more infos about if it is ok or not, please contact Tobei here, he is directly in the office of the Event Managers and can give you quick answers on that. Just send him a PM:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53

Question about the "Under-18 Players":

Yes, the sub-18 players need to have someone older to be their legal guardian. They have to carry always the "legal form" with them. This form you are searching for will be added to the website shortly, currently the legal department working for the Event Firm is checking if the wording is actual and ok to meet legal standards needed here in Germany. I guess the little wait time will be no problem for you, since all you have to do is to print out both forms (the one for the kids and the one for the guardian) and get it signatured by the parents (or respectively their real legal guardians).

Question about Weapons and Shields:

I guess there was a little misunderstanding - The weapon control text speaks about wooden cores in foam shields. Not about wooden shields.

If you use wood in a larp shield, it has not only to be lightweight, but very durable, has to be padded on all sites with foam and even more foam over screws used to attach the Grip and Holding Bands to the shield.

We have the rule that we cannot deny or allow weapons or shields questioned in the forum - we always can do that only when we see and touch them live at the Event. But i can tell you that we will not allow heavy wooden shields with unpadded wooden front. Heavy shields, even when padded (and so it is stated in the safety article) can inflict real damage on other participants just by the sheer force of impact when they are moved fast in battle.

About "wooden core": When we speak about a wooden core in a larp shield, people use MDF Plates or 3-5 mm plywood which is laminated on both sides with around 1 cm of Larp-Weapon Foam (PE crosslinked closed cell foam, densitiy 45, aka Plastazote), overlapping on all sides minimum 3 cm over the wooden core. Light enough so you dont knock out someone if you accidentially hit people in battle.

Yes, we are sure that your shields may be safe enough that weapons take no real damage when hitting your shield edges, but we cannot determinate if they are safe enough for people as long as we dont see them. Bring them with you to the convention, if not allowed, then store them away in your car.

If you have more questions - we are always ready to try to answer you those ;o).

Robert (Conquest Team)

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 22. Jan 2010, 15:04 

Hi

I'v got another question.

Are there any rules about spears? Fx how long they can be?

Helle

Zuletzt geändert von Vannadon am Fr 22. Jan 2010, 19:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 22. Jan 2010, 15:18 

Hi,

No. The only rule is not to stab with them and that they have to be secure like any other weapon you fight with.

Robert (Conquest Team)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 9. Mär 2010, 17:50 

Hi again.

I still haven’t been able to find the guardian document. Isn’t it ready yet or, am I just looking in the wrong place?

We would like to arrive a day early to set up camp. What dose it cost and can we arrive at any time a day?

Helle

BeitragVerfasst: Di 9. Mär 2010, 22:15 

Hi,

Question: Is the Guardian Document already set up?

Answer: No, not yet. Legal department is still checking, but i guess that is no problem for you, because you dont have to send it in, just have it with you. Even if we put it up as late as July, you can just download it, print it out, get it signed by your family, fold it and always carry it with you. Easy as that.

Question: What about early arrival:

You can arrive as early as Sunday, 1.August 2010 at 12.00 noon. You are not required to tell us that you arrive early. Just come, contact us directly upon your arrival at the Check-In booth, and pay in cash directly 10 EUR per person and day before the Event that starts on 04.08.2010 (Wednesday).

If you are an NPC: NPCs have to pay only 5 EUR per day before 03.08.2010 (Tuesday).

And yes, when you arrive, you can contact us nearly any time of the day... at least between 9 am and Midnight.

Hope i was of help for you.

Btw, the english page is up:

http://www.live-adventure.de/ConQuest_english/start.php

Robert (Conquest Team)

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 14. Apr 2010, 19:59 

Hi again.

Thanks for the help Robert.

But I’m afraid there is no stopping me. I’ve got even more questions. :)

If your character has participated in larp events before mythodea, do we just add the gained EP to the 10 EP your start with and buy skills, or do we also need some kind of proof of the events we participated in, to verify the extra EPs?

Rituals:
If we want to make a ritual, do we first have to contact a GM and explain how we would make it and what effect we hope to gain from it? How do we know if it worked?

Magic:
Fire: Is this spell needed to make fire for a campfire or is it for “show off”

Disarm: When the weapon is dropped can the character right after pick it up again or draw another weapon?

Helle

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 16. Apr 2010, 11:57 

Hey Vannadon,
I'm also part of the GM team, so let's see if i can help you:

Your character gains extra EP for events before mythodea: 1 EP per 2 days of events. For Example a character with 30 days would have: 25 EP (10 start + 30/2 = 10 + 15 = 25).

Rituals: If you want to make a ritual contact a GM, explain to him/her what effect you wish to have and then play. After the ritual the GM will tell you if it worked and what effect it had, depending on your acting. (In fact the most difficult part of it is finding a GM... ;-) )

You don't need the spell "fire" to make a camp fire (or many players would die from starvation...). It's for "show off".

Disarm: Both is correct, the only effect is that he has to drop the weapon currently hold. He may pick them up immediately or draw a new one.

Oli

CQ 2011: wieder keine Ferien. Mist., JDS 2011: -, BGM 2011: ?

BeitragVerfasst: Di 20. Apr 2010, 14:24 

Hi Oli.

Thanks for your help :D

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 16. Jul 2010, 16:21 

Hi.
Is it possible to pay with card (when buying stuff at the conquest supermarket) or draw money at the conquest site?

Also
I think I read something about it in another thread but I can’t find it again. The skill reading and writing it says per language. Do I have to spent 2ep per language (Germen, English and Danish) in total 6 ep?
How does it function in-game? Will I not be able to read a letter or the name of an inn if I don’t have the skill?

Helle

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 15 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde