[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Hello from New Zealand!

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Do 18. Apr 2024, 23:52

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 42 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hello from New Zealand!
BeitragVerfasst: Fr 6. Jan 2012, 02:32 

The thing I've learned from 13 years of larping is that your character on paper is just that paper. If you can do everything you have less interaction with others. I have 3 full years in character and am only using a relative few events. once I get the few skills I need. I can't wait...is it August yet?

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 6. Jan 2012, 08:55 

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 6. Jan 2012, 12:47 

Well, Aryan, i can't say for the UK, but i heard similiar from the FR, CZ and IT and expirienced it myself in AT, CH, DK and FR on Larps.

I think its that kind of "You are from far away" Bonus that makes people really helping you, a little more than any other person would expirience it.

Sure, you can expect and expirience a lot of help between german players, friendliness too. But thats just the normal level of people beeing nice to each other. And thats the way in any other countries too. People with the same hobby helping each other.

But then there is that kind of "Bonus" that kicks in when you are travelling the extra mile, to foreign places, where the people around you expect you to need help (language, different rules, different laws, behaviour, even gaming culture).

And thats where the "extra helpfulness" kicks in. Everyone is more friendly to you and such. And i belive that danish guy that explained it to me as i asked him why he did so much for me: Its not compassion. Its based in proudness. And i do believe him, because i feel the same.

As i helped so much foreign people from other countries on the Mythodea with whatever i could, it was no pity for them, not understanding us and such. It was proudness. I am proud of what we all, the Organisators, the Players, the NPCs and whatnot have achieved. And i wanted our visitors to expirience as much of it as i was able to cram into them.

And the same happens when i travel to Denmark on a Larp. I am sourrounded by danish players, beeing nice and helpful because they are proud of what they have and they want me to expirience the "danish style" as much as i can.

And i bet: If i would ever travel to the UK, Rick and the others would happily force-feed me with everything that the british Larp can show up with - because they are proud of that special extra that can be only expirienced on Larps in the UK.

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 6. Jan 2012, 21:06 

Spot on Robert, you said it much better than I could but I agree completely with what you have said. :)

PS: And I am pretty proud of some UK larps so come visit the UK!

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 7. Jan 2012, 08:06 

Tee-hee, the only reason for me to sign in to the Mythodea-Forum was to publish my translation of the announcement for the Neutral Camp in 2011.

Since, I am active here in writing also, and it is fun. Yes, it is proudness and a pleasure to receive peoples thanks! :)

Hope the time will come for me to roleplay in the UK on holiday also, if I might afford it one day...

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 7. Jan 2012, 13:20 

i totally aggree on the pride thing. I'm verry proud of the larps i attend in the Netherlands, and when we have forreign players comming over, we all do our best to make their stay worth the travel. Be it to 'give em hell' as an NPC or help them in game with whatever fits the character i'm playing.

to add to the friendlyness of all larpers i have encountered so far: The first larp i attended was a kids event (the players being kids up until 15 years old) as an NPC. People at the parkinglot already helped me get at the incheck, and five minutes after checking in i made some friends i still larp with on a regular basis :D

BeitragVerfasst: So 8. Jan 2012, 11:35 

Hello all! My name is Michelle, or Minnie to some and I am planning on joining Jackie (amphigori) on this adventure, only been larping a year and a half but man has it been full of some really great characters to play!

Character wise - I don't like to be the centre of attention but I love to interact with lots of different people, not a brillant fighter but getting better every game (I think so anyway :P ) and I generally like to be happy, have fun but also like emotional stuff.

Anywho really looking forward to this and I'll be back to ask questions at some stage :D

Minnie

BeitragVerfasst: So 8. Jan 2012, 12:30 

Minnie, you are going to have the time of your life. Its not so much a larp holiday... as its a chance to travel to a whole new world. :)

BeitragVerfasst: So 8. Jan 2012, 20:17 

Join Rick and you will be in good hands (can i say that?). :-D

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 9. Jan 2012, 21:35 

:lol:

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 42 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde