[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Hello from New Zealand!

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 24. Apr 2024, 16:46

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 42 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Hello from New Zealand!
BeitragVerfasst: So 1. Jan 2012, 04:11 

A group of us kiwis have decided to bite the bullet and make the long trek to Germany to participate in ConQuest this year. Hoorah!

I'm looking to form connections with other overseas players for general advice and possible character/camp connections.

I'll confess I'm pretty intimidated by the level of costuming I see in the pictures. Costuming is my passion (though I'm also a very strong/immersive roleplayer) but I'm a bit anxious about how much kit I'd be able to bring over on an international flight. An then, of course, there's the matter of bedding, camp equipment, etc ...

I'm hopeful to find most of the answers to my questions in forums, but I'd love to hear from any of you who have advice, are looking for in-character connections or are just generally friendly and welcoming.

Thanks heaps!

Jackie
(Seattle native living in Auckland, New Zealand)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Hello from New Zealand!
BeitragVerfasst: So 1. Jan 2012, 17:42 

Hey Amphigori,

first at all, you are very welcome to join the watercamp, we already have many english speaking players and I try to speak important things in german and english ;)

In the watercamp we have the "Grand expedition", a group of english speaking Roleplayers from all over the world. They already have some Australian players. I am sure they will help you out with their expertise!

Just visit http://www.thegrandexpedition.org/ there are the contact details.

I hope this helps you and join the watercamp (because... we have cookies!)

14 SL Tross

BeitragVerfasst: So 1. Jan 2012, 18:15 

Hi amphigori,

perhaps it will help to know what kind of thoughts you have, what to play.
Some Charakters need more equipment, others less.
The easierst way, in my opinion will be to come as NPC.

And i guess, the flight an the possibility how much of luggage you can take with you, will eliminate some options.

So...talk about that all, as well with your fellow travellers, and then start a brainstorming ;-)

Greetings Antje

Paredros
Sich selber zu leben, ist besser als sich selbst zu spielen.

BeitragVerfasst: So 1. Jan 2012, 21:21 

And greetings to you, batlike creature who somehow manages to cling to the other side of this world where everything is upside down ;).

Friendly people are far more important than equipment, so it is of foremost interest that you manage to come here without too much concern about your kit-level. Transporting plate armour by air might indeed be more expensive than buying the stuff at the event.

The main reason of this post, apart from a general welcome, is that I would be most pleased to assist with any questions that might arrise concerning the NPC-side of the ConQuest.

Have a great trip
Thorsten

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 2. Jan 2012, 05:51 

Hello Jackie!

I'm Rick Wynne, leader of the Grand Expedition. I'm a native born New Yorker but lived in Seattle for 6 years before moving to the UK. 2012 will be my third trip to ConQuest, and the 2nd trip of The Grand Expedition, which is a group of English speaking international larpers from around the world. We've got loads of information available to help you make the trip and we are always on the look out for good folks to join the Expedition as members. Although we do ask, no demons or undead. All other character concepts are open for discussion.

The Grand Expedition Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-UK-G ... 9411259220

My personal Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000532405920

and our website (which also has a forum)

http://www.thegrandexpedition.org

We have an Australian contingent already but not a New Zealand one yet. We have a great deal of experience in helping folks get settled in over in Germany, helping with kit and costume, helping with rules, translation and plot. We've got plenty of connections in the various camps across the event... and I'm pleased to announce we will be working on helping establishing something completely new for 2012 (I hope Aqua will forgive me!).

BeitragVerfasst: Di 3. Jan 2012, 05:34 

Hi all!

Thanks for your replies - very helpful.

Oooooh...cookies!

Sorry, where was I...

Rick's gotten in touch and I'm pouring over all the information on the Grand Expedition site. I'll look at the Watercamp information too.

One important question: how do I buy my ticket to the event? The page was entirely in German and I couldn't figure out a way to order. I want to make sure I have a ticket ASAP (followed by plane tickets...)

I'd really like to form an IC relationship with someone prior to the game - where we've only communicated via letters. So the first IC meeting would be at the game. I'm open to suggestion about what this might be. Distant relative, potential squire/assistant, arranged marriage (though this would come with certain provisions), an employee/assistant back home.

A bit more about what I like to play (because I could use suggestions from you who have been there about what will help me have the most fun):

- I don't like sitting about making potions forever.
- I do like being in the thick of stories/action.
- I'm not great at fighting but I do love it and am getting better!
- I'll likely be bringing a scimitar-like blade and buckler to fight with as it's the most portable of my weaponry (and they're of a high quality).
- I made up a language to use for a past campaign, which I can speak in "fluently" (meaning, it sounds great - not that it has actual meaning). I could use this to some effect if appropriate.
- I love character-driven/interpersonal RP.
- I tend to make very three-dimensional characters and slip into character quite easy. There isn't a single "type" I play - I like each character to be unique and an asset to whatever group I'm playing with.
- In RL I'm very cooperative, happy, silly, friendly, polite and a huge, huge fan of collaboration. I love pushing IC boundaries but wholeheartedly respect RL boundaries. I believe trust and mutual respect are key and really like to play with others who like to RP in ways that help give other people their "moments".
- Lastly, I SERIOUSLY love some of the Orc costumes I've seen, and as a costume-junkie I'm totally afraid I'll end up becoming an Orc groupie!! (Kidding...mostly!)

... Er, I'm also a bit of a writer and sometimes get overly-verbose. Sorry about that.

Thanks again for your replies all!

Jackie

BeitragVerfasst: Di 3. Jan 2012, 07:10 

The Live Adventure Site in englisch:
http://www.live-adventure.de/ConQuest_english/start.php

On the left over the Buttons for choosing action there you find little flag´s for german/english language ;-)

If you choose registration, you find the points:
Player
Tripe
NPC
Dogs

You choose "Player" - Problem is, the E-tix Service is again in german.
Perhaps somebody with better english than me could explain how it goes on there.

Greetings
Antje

Paredros
Sich selber zu leben, ist besser als sich selbst zu spielen.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 3. Jan 2012, 07:44 

Hi Antje!

Yes, I'd made it that far, then I struggled to navigate my way through the purchasing page.

I tell you what, I've always wanted to learn German and this is inspiring me to pick up at least a few useful phrases before I head over.

Anyone know how to say "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hit you in the head - are you OK?" ;) (Teasing...)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 3. Jan 2012, 09:21 

Found it now. D'oh :)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 3. Jan 2012, 19:19 

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 42 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde