dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 01:01

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: The Wayfarers' Arrival
BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 16:08 

So you want to attend ConQuest but you aren't sure which camp is best for you?

The Wayfarers' Arrival is a new camp being set up for 2012, designed to help people who are new to the events, in particular solo players and folks from the international larp community (although we are also looking for long term players to help out the new folks).

Its not just for players new to larp, although there will be things in place to assist them. Its primarily designed to help folks engage in the plot, folks who might not otherwise get a chance to do so. The Grand Expedition will be part of the foundation for the camp, bringing our experiences of 2011 to bear and helping other groups make the most of the event.

The camp will have english speaking refs and translation resources.

And we'll be looking to get experienced folks to help set up game resources to help players get the most from the event. From teaching lore, medical skills, combat skills and magic to entertainers, merchants and craftsmen. There is scope for a wonderful array of character concepts for those wishing to be part of the camp.

So whether you are new to larp, or just new to the world of Mythodea, there is a place for you in the Wayfarers' Arrival but even if you an old hand in the world of Mythodea you can find yourself a home with us.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: The Wayfarers' Arrival
BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 16:39 

So you want to attend ConQuest but you aren't sure which camp is best for you?
Yes, but when I signed up i signed up to earth camp.
Is that bad? Should I try to change camp?

It's my first Mythodea and I'm a solo player. How different are the camps?

BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 16:47 

Well, about the differences and your choice, that is something Rick (Romeowhiskeyone) can help you.

About your later decision to change the camp, here some info from me:

If its only you, you don't even need to do any action before the event. Just go to the elemental camp of your choice and set up tents. An info that you want to switch the camps is only needed for bigger groups because then we have to replan a bit... single persons are free to switch.

Robert (Conquest Team)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 16:50 

Ah, thanx for the info.

Gonna be fun to see you all down there

BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 17:04 

Hello!

We are two Spanish (a boy and a girl). This year will go to the Conquest for the first time, we still have two years experience in the Drachenfest

Our personages are two heavily armored warriors and we have tickets for the "Wayfarers' Arrival".

We are waiting for the day to begin the adventure!
See you!

BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 18:27 

Changing camp is easily done, its a simple process.

Vako, please feel free to stop by the Grand Expedition camp in the Gold Dragon Camp for some hospitality mead. I take it you and your partner have a tent sorted?

inflyttad, the choice of camp is yours. Earth Camp is a good camp, and you will likely find some folks there willing to lend you a hand. The Wayfarers' Arrival however is being designed from the ground up to try to help folks new to Mythodea, especially solo players. We want to be THE place to come for people who want to get involved in plot but are not sure how.

Think of it this way, this camp is for adventurers what the mercenary camp is for groups of soldiers seeking pay for fighting in battle. We'll have resources for helping teach people new skills, contacts with various guilds and organizations, and will make arrangements for entertainment.

Its going to be a brilliant camp... and even better the more interesting people we have join.... so its up to you to decide but there is a place here for you if you want it.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 10. Jan 2012, 23:49 

@ Robert,

in 2009 there were two friends of mine, having tickets for the watercamp, but on their arrival on Wednesday it was yet so overcrowded, that they had to make another choice and decided to join Aeris' Camp.

Hope this year it will not be the problem, 'cause I probably want to change from Neutral to Aqua. But don't think so, for I will arrive on Sunday.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11. Jan 2012, 10:19 

Then I guess it will be ”The Wayfarers' Arrival” for me. Do they have any special forum page or FB page or something?

I’ll be the one in the very small and very green pavilion (if I will get it finish in time). :mrgreen:

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 11. Jan 2012, 16:24 

We have a new section here on this forum....

viewforum.php?f=202

and you can also check the Grand Expedition facebook page for information on the Wayfarers' Arrival

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-UK-G ... 9411259220

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Nov 2012, 17:20 

It would seem today is the day for big decisions.

Following much discussion and input from many sources ticket purchases needed to be done for Mythodea. Anja and I have decided to support the plan to create the new Camp of the West. Having spent the last two years building plot with the Archon and Nyame of the West this makes the most sense to our group plot.

We want to wish good fortune to the Wayfarers' Arrival and hope that folks feel comfortable to come visit the Expedition meadhall as well as stand beside us against the Forsaken Elements on the field of battle.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde