[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Bunch of Canadians

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 04:45

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Bunch of Canadians
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 18. Jan 2012, 17:52 

Hey Guys!

Me and a group of up to 5 want to come over from Canada and play. Only a few of us speak german, and even then it's pretty sparse and basic. Our age range is all under 25, our youngest being 21. 2 females, 3 males.

We're hoping to get help with other english speakers who have gone to the games and could tell us what we would have to do in regards to Somewhere to Stay, Transit, Airport, Registration, and then game experience.

Somewhere to Stay/Hotel: we're willing to buy a hotel room, but we'd really prefer getting into contact with english-speaking players who are local and willing to put up with us for a night before game. This way they can help us understand and teach us what to expect for the next few days, take us grocery-shopping, etc.

If that's not possible, what is the closest hotel to the game?

Transit: we have no idea how to get transit to the game, we've never been to germany. Are there players who would be willing to transit us? Are taxi's expensive in germany? is there buses? would we just have to rent a car?

Airport: What is the Airport we should be going to?

Game Experience: We belong to a boffer-larp here in Canada called "UNDERWORLD". It has a chapter here in Edmonton, Alberta of maybe 60 full time, 200 casual players. We all use Calamacil-made weapons (foam latex) and make our own leather armor.

Conquest looks extremely more complex that anything we've ever dreamed of or been a part of. 5 thousand plus players blows our minds, as the largest group we've ever larped with has been 300 in the UNDERWORLD LARP in Toronto, Ontairio.

Help!

Thank you!

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Bunch of Canadians
BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Jan 2012, 04:07 

Hello Samantha,

I'm Rick, the leader of the Grand Expedition a group of english speaking international role players set up in 2011 to attend Mythodea. We had a great time. So much so we are doing it again in 2012, and Live Adventure liked what we did so much they have asked me to help set up the new player camp, the "Wayfarers' Arrival". This camp is being designed form the ground up to use the experiences we gained in 2011 to help make a brilliant location for players such as your group.

A hotel is going to be a small problem from my experience, the location is a bit remote for that and the site so big going on and off site is a bit challenging. My German friends may have better advice for you, but I'd say come and plan on staying in a tent. You can attend prior to "time in" and I highly recommend that.

There are a number of transit options but the generally boil down to, fly to Hannover. Get a vehicle from the airport to the event. Either a taxi or perhaps join the Expedition and make use of the minibus I am currently planning on hiring.

Registration, you can buy tickets directly from Live Adventure if you wish or you could contact me about the Grand Expedition and we will explain our ticket assistance process.

Even if you don't wish to join the Expedition, I would encourage you to take a look at our website

http://www.thegrandexpedition.org

and our facebook presence

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-UK-G ... 9411259220

We have a number of members who are willing to share our experience with you.

Don't be intimidated.... Mythodea is an amazingly awesome event and well worth the trip. It will be an adventure to remember your whole life.

Regards,

Rick

BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Jan 2012, 11:21 

Hello Samantha,

about the Airport:

That would be HAJ, the local Hannover City Airport, about 40km away from the Playing Grounds.

Airtrip via any Airport to a major EU Airport like Amsterdam, London, Paris or Frankfurt, Germany. From there the Airtaxi to HAJ (Hanover Airport). Your local booking office can give you better details if you ask for a connection to HAJ.

According to Taxi Calculators, the Fare would be around 50-60 EUR (1.40 EUR per Kilometer) for a single trip. If you get a 7 Person Taxi Bus, this would be low cost for you - split by 4-5 persons...

Or: Airport Langenhagen by train to Hanover Central Station, switch train to Nienburg City Station, from there by bus to Brokeloh Village. But this will not work not on Sundays.... neither to or fro.

Anyway, this is the Google maps link from HAJ to Brokeloh:

About a possible Hotel... there is one about 500 m from the Playgrounds. Its the "Dreschhof". http://www.dreschhof.de/ Nice, clean, prices reasonable, they have much intl. guests (yes they can speak english/french). But chance maybe that it is already booked out for next August. Just try and give them a call.

And - i don't know if they are coming this year too, but there would be the socalled "Viking Hotel"... they rent out viking tents.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Jan 2012, 17:03 

Ah see now Robert is THE man to talk to when it comes to ConQuest info.

I'll be trying to get the wiki-hotel to set up in the Wayfarers' Arrival this year if they come again (the folks who rent out their tents).

BeitragVerfasst: Do 19. Jan 2012, 17:31 

We are a couple of new players from the US that are coming with the Grand Expedition. We can't wait to come get our RP on. I have spend more than 3 years IC and have been larping for 12. We would love to visit a Canadian LARP. Drop me a line....

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 20. Jan 2012, 10:51 

Thomas, if you want to play in Canada, from a European perspective we can really recommend the Bicolline Guys in Quebec. They are reknown worldwide.

http://www.bicolline.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicolline

BeitragVerfasst: So 22. Jan 2012, 00:41 

Hi Thomas! Hi Samantha!

I'm Jackie, an American who has lived in New Zealand the past 8 years.

I've just signed on to the Grand Expedition and will be joining them at ConQuest. This'll be my first trip to Europe and my first time at a LARP event of this scale!

There are six of us from NZ planning on attending this year.

Welcome to the boards :D If you end up joining the Grand Expedition FB group you'll see me there as Jacqueline Leigh.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde