[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - So, what do you play ? What do you sing ?

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Do 25. Apr 2024, 18:05

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 13 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: So, what do you play ? What do you sing ?
BeitragVerfasst: Di 14. Feb 2012, 17:38 

I've been wondering since a while now... when we are drinking in a tavern, people from my place often sing and play drinking games.

I noticed that for french-speaking people, "tavern songs" where often the same regardless of which country they came from. They are either really old songs from soldiers or mariners; or more modern songs that have a "medieval" feeling (e.g. Fanchon, Pelot d'Hennebont, etc). As for foreign songs, there's only the Wild Rover that I'm able to sing, and partly Whiskey in the Jar.
Thus, I was wondering: what are the song from your country that most LARP player know of, and that would usually be sang in a tavern ? It can be English, German or anything else - bonus points if it's easy to sing by a foreigner :D.

Also, I actually have the same question about drinking games. We from the french-speaking-Switzerland usually play the "Torpille" (a bluff game with dices) as well as "Senda Mitsuo", usually both at the same time to add some complexity. ("Senda Mitsuo" is really hard to explain in just a phrase, but there's a full explanation ).
I noticed that some people from France didn't know of those games, so my guess is that neither does people from other countries. So the second question is, what drinking/bidding games are played during LARP in your countries ?

(Also, please note that I do not want to start the old "should you drink during a LARP?" debate. That's not the point, period.)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: So, what do you play ? What do you sing ?
BeitragVerfasst: Mi 15. Feb 2012, 01:42 

Most of the time at Larpevents i'm attending, We sing A Grazing Mace, Wild Rover, A dutch song called Watzullen we drinken (what shall we drink 7 days long - german: Was wollen wir trinken) And when most of us are drunk as hell, we try Bog down in the Valley-o.

At a certain event we always sing "One More" From Turisas after a battle.

And we mostly play black jack, higher or lower.

But that depends on the setting we are playing in. At most fantasy events, we play higher or lower. (one cards gets drawn, the deck is shuffled, and then you must bet if the next card is higher or lower.

Adratos Balamaethor Erynion
Canotar
Head Physician of the Nasserossë
Mage of the Nasserossë

BeitragVerfasst: Fr 17. Feb 2012, 12:59 

If you like to learn drinking songs I'll recommend that you listen to "The Poxy Boggards", they are on "spotify" and have a lot of good ones.

Here is an example from youtube:

BeitragVerfasst: Sa 18. Feb 2012, 10:02 

hmm interesting question. I'm working on a songbook for larps that will contain some dutch drinking and sailor songs and a lot if irish/scottish tradtionals. I hope to have finished it before ConQuest and don't forget to take it ;)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 21. Feb 2012, 11:30 

from the danes, you will normally find drinking songs as "forglemmigej" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2zy4rOxupw

most danes know the basic english drinking songs as " the story of beer" wild rover and so..

Landion Amion Tharhun
Knights of Arnstad

BeitragVerfasst: Do 23. Feb 2012, 13:18 

I'm not good at carrying a tune to be honest but I do love group singing and I can be quite loud...

BeitragVerfasst: Do 23. Feb 2012, 17:32 

I cant sing even if you threaten me with a gun.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 23. Feb 2012, 17:33 

I bet you can, if we threaten you with enough beer :twisted:

BeitragVerfasst: So 18. Mär 2012, 19:06 

Our group likes to sing a lot.
whether it's in an Inn drinking, marching in battle, waiting in battle or just relaxing in our camp.

Most of our songs are drikning and war songs or some less sober songs about fair maidens.

Some are old danish songs, others english drinking songs with new danish lyrics and some are larp songs made by musical lapers just for larp.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 19. Mär 2012, 00:34 

My favourites, German:

Cultus Ferox - Aussatz (Piratenlied)
Versengold - Ich und ein Fass voller Wein (Piratenlied)

English:

Whiskey in the jar (traditional)
The Wild Rover (traditional)
The Irish Rover (traditional)
Ye Jacobites by name (traditional)
The rising of the moon (traditional)
Patsy Fagan (?)
Bugger off (Irish drinking song)
Galway Girl (Steve Earle)
Molly Malone (traditional)
and others...

(no liability assumed to the details)

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 13 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde