[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - New Player here.

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Di 16. Apr 2024, 08:55

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: New Player here.
BeitragVerfasst: So 23. Feb 2014, 13:55 

Hey guys !
Some friends and I want to join the event this year for the first time !! and i would be happy to get some info.
Now we are only english speaking guys (dont know any German), and I'd like to know how will it effect us?
is the entire event just in German? Can we take full part in the event although we dont know German? will it hurt our Gameplay and experience? Do the people there talk only German?

I'd Really appreciate any replies since might effect if ill be in the event or not !
thank you all :)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: New Player here.
BeitragVerfasst: So 23. Feb 2014, 17:56 

hey,
the first language is german, but as I recognised the most players switch to english if necesarry. The quality of the english is very variable but if you need hand and foot to comunicate with someone it can be fun, too.
The big speeches though ars spoken in german and you should get someone to translate it.

BeitragVerfasst: So 23. Feb 2014, 21:13 

Hi Sir Dude,

there are many players at the event who can't spreak German, I would estimate at least a tenth, some of them even don't speak English.
But as Taio wrote before, that does not really matter.
Quite the reverse, language barriers create gaming, and that really can be funny.
There is also a quarter which is made for foreign players - not only, but it may be easier there to get in contact with others who don't speak German.
This quarter is called the Wayfarer's Arrival in the Explorer's banner.
And most German LARPers (RPGers) speak English at least well - me, I like it more than German ^^.

So, don't worry and join the ConQuest. ;)

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 24. Feb 2014, 10:33 

kein Porblem.
Ich habe im Gefecht und Dialogen öfter Spieler getroffen die mir mit kurzem "nur Englisch bitte" zu verstehen gaben wie es jetzt weiter geht.
Und es ging immer sehr schön weiter!
Ich freue mich auf euch.....

no porblem.
I have met in combat and dialogues often the player with a short "English only please" to understand gave me how it goes now.
And it went on very nice!
I look forward to seeing you .....
(It greets the Google Translator) ;)

2017 Freyenmark

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 24. Feb 2014, 12:54 

As the people above me wrote already: No problem there.

Language barriers can improve the gameplay and interaction, for example if you need someone translating for you.
Most people speak english and will switch to it if they notice you don't speak german.
GM's and major NPC know in general at least one foreign language (english) next to german, some speak more than one.

The wayfarers arrival is probably a good choice, since it was founded mostly by and for english speaking people. Some of these founders moved on to other camps by now, since they figured those fit them and their gameplay better, but the concept stayed the same.

Depending on your group and what you expect from the event and the players around you it is always possible to simply join a camp to your liking. A few are restricted (since people like to be on the safe side that your and their concepts fit together) but most are open to to all.

Depending on where you are from you might even consider to get in contact with people beforehand, to plan things like camp equipment and stuff. The last years the "Grand Expedition" group offered there a nice allround service to people mostly from Britain... including bus trip to the site of the events and tents. Not the only possibility, but maybe your character concept fits there. I have to admit that i was impressed by the efford they put into planing everything for their group. I think these days they found their place in one of the restricted camps. If contact informations aren't to be found around here, i am sure i can dig them up somewhere.

Depending on where you are from, someone here might hint you into the direction of players from your country.

For further questions feel free to ask here or send a PN.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 24. Feb 2014, 15:53 

As all the kind people above me have stated it is genereally no problem not knowing german.
I don't speak much german and have visited CoM 3 years running now. I guess someone wanting to involve themselves heavily in the major plots would struggle a bit as all the NPC speeches is given in german, but allying yourself with a german speaker usually solves those problems.

The language barriers also creates a nice feeling of characters coming from different nations, even worlds :)

"in english please" is by far my most used phrase while at CoM.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 25. Feb 2014, 14:13 

First off, Thank you all Kind Sirs for responding you have been much help ! you have my gratitude !

Now, This will be my (and my friends) First event, therefore we do not have any equipment or gear at all. will there be places there to buy (or even help us make) gear? and im talking about everything, Armor, Swords, Shields, Clothes and So on? or is it plainly u just bring the gear u have?
In case there is a possibilty to buy there the stuff we need, how much will it cost (about)?

Once again, I thank you all for your help!

BeitragVerfasst: Di 25. Feb 2014, 15:50 

Even if you appear only in his underwear, you can get what you need for a good drapery, from the shirt to the plate armor everything there. Prices are the same as those on the Internet, the currency is €uro. Tents I have not seen in sales, which is why it is better if you would have as. There is a supermarket in the tent light-version, and to eat lots of stalls with good food to an acceptable price. I myself will not cook there own, if only because it's too much equipment, and the food is really exzelent.
And ask you before you just your meat on the grill and the Ratio startet a battle to your camp .....

(greetings from Google-Translator) ;)

2017 Freyenmark

BeitragVerfasst: Di 25. Feb 2014, 20:17 

You might want to check out the Grand Expedition: http://www.thegrandexpedition.org/ Or rather:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gran ... 9411259220
Their aim is to help non-German larpers who want to visit the Drachenfest and the Conquest. Afaik, they will also give you a place to sleep and eat - that might be a lot cheaper than buying everything from vendors.

Simply send the user Romeowhiskeyone a pm here in the forums. He is the man responsible for the Grand Expedition.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde