[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Live-Adventure.de • Thema anzeigen - Tell us: Negative Expiriences as a visitor from abroad

dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 15:18

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Tell us: Negative Expiriences as a visitor from abroad
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 12. Mär 2012, 17:20 

Hi all,

as we continously strive to raise the Quality bar for the Conquest of Mythodea Events, we want to know a honest opinion from you where we really fucked it up.

As examples:

- Communication problems with the GMs or other on-site personal
- Harrassment (yes, we heard of that) from other (german) players, GMs or NPCs for not beeing able to speak the language,
- Not beeing able to follow the plot as valuable info is handed out only in german (like inscripts or books in the dungeon or the bibliotheque)
- Travel problems
- Anything else that dimished your expirience...

Please put your grumpy pants on and tell us in a brutally honest fashion what you really disliked. With that collection we might be able to tweak a thing or two for the Events 2012.

Robert (Conquest Team)

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Tell us: Negative Expiriences as a visitor from abroad
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 12. Mär 2012, 22:52 

¨The registration process is actually a bit "fucked up". I had a hard time navigating it even if I know a bit of german. I hope I just didn't miss the English version of it.

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Tell us: Negative Expiriences as a visitor from abroad
BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Mär 2012, 01:21 

The ticket purchase system is frustrating. There is a hefty surcharge to buy tickets via international bank transfer. Other payment options would be nice, paypal, credit card, etc.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Mär 2012, 13:39 

BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Mär 2012, 16:58 

i don't know if danish people qualify as abroad.

In Denmark there is practically no problem with payment. That is normally because one or a few people take charge in selling tickets to danish people, so there is a danish contact for the new people who wants to go. That has for the last 4 years been a succes.

About the library and plots, I would love for it to be in english! I do understand why that properly isn't going to happen,with so much to translate. In my case I have been able to understand most of the texts, but google translate is not always helping.

If your new at mythodea, you can really get lost trying to find it! more signs! from the highway and to brokeloh, would be gold!
Some gm's are lost when it comes to english, that is a bit irritating, but is germany, so off course people speak german.
Normally there are in average one gm in every camp which speak proper english and for now that is enough.

the biggest problem is not concerning the organisation, but the players, it's not harassment, but a lot of older german players simply dosen't speak english that well, so they avoid you. There's really nothing to do about it, other than getting a translator or learn to speak german.

Landion Amion Tharhun
Knights of Arnstad

BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Mär 2012, 18:08 

As a foreigner who don't understand German, I go to ConQuest for the atmosphere but feel kind of "left out" of the main plot (story, quests, etc).

For example I remember a scene some years ago, where the avatars where united around some kind of stone temple, and I think there was an audio system playing sound effects. It was clearly something important, but I'm still not sure what was going on (asking nearby players in English didn't prove very successful).
I realize it's logical for such scenes to be played in German, but would love to be able to get some explanation in English somewhere , even it it's "a posteriori" (I'm really reluctant to bother a SL for such matters).

Actually that's part of the reason why I'm joining the Wayfarer's arrival this year: I hope it will allow me to get more "involved" in the plot despite my lack of German skills.

(On a side note I'm very grateful for the briefing that took place in the mercenary camp last year, which was held both in German and English at the same time ! Many thanks to everyone who made this possible !)

BeitragVerfasst: Di 13. Mär 2012, 23:38 

Hi

Well then here goes.

The first year I/we attended we arrived at Tuesday afternoon. When we were looking for space to set up camp we were told that there wasn’t room for us to set up our tents together (we had 6 ingame tents) and that we had to split up. I got a “bit” angry and we managed to get a spot where we could set up our tents together.- Now we just arrive on Monday to be sure.

Last year we had some problems with the tickets. The people at check-in told me who to go talk to but on the way there I was stopped by a person who told me I wasn’t supposed to be where I was going. He led me the rest of the way but when we arrived he started talking bad about me in German to the others. The thing is that I understand German, so it isn’t that nice having to listen to that. I understand that people can have a bad day or something but still. -The person who actually solved my problem was very nice though.

Last year we had an unfortunate accident with a black ice swarm. We talked to a SL straight after and we thought things were resolved. But it turned out it wasn’t and no one told us that there still was a problem. I would have liked their SL or swarm to have contacted our SL or group so that we could have sorted things out a lot sooner.- But now we have learned to use the SL’s.

Some people from my group felt that they were being harassed by a SL last year, I personally didn’t experience it. I have been told he kept interfering in battles for no apparent reason and people couldn’t understand him because he was talking German to them.

I haven’t really had any problems with German players.

The German players in our camp have been really friendly to our group and wanted to have a lot of roleplay with us. Thanks for that guys.
Our SL’s have been really nice as well. Thanks.

Helle

BeitragVerfasst: Di 20. Mär 2012, 08:18 

The entire ticket ordering process would benefit from being streamlined a lot for foreigners, the main issues being as others have said; a german only ticket ordering process and the lack of support for paypal, direct credit card payment and so on.

My other main issue is the lack of ingame texts in english. As a Norwegian I understand a bit of both spoken and written german, but far from enough to be able to make anything usefull from the speeches given, books, list of tasks to perform for the elements and so on. What helped imensely for my group last year was the very nice bunch of Danes who was willing to translate and otherwise help us navigate the rather complex world of Mythodea.

I think I encountered one or two GM's who were not able to communicate in english, and seeing as I contacted both regarding rules and safety questions it was rather frustrating being met with a confused look and a shrug. Neither of them made any attempt to direct me to an english speaking GM, or otherwise help me get the answer.

I'm not sure how easy it is to fix, but as Vannadon/Helle has pointed out it can be really frustrating finding camp spots unless you arrive early. Last year I arrived about mid day monday with a one man tent, and the rest of my 13 people group arriving late tuesday afternoon. It was a real struggle for me to be able to hold on to a space large enough for my groups camp when I only had one small tent to fill the space with, and I was displaced once, having to find a new spot.
Perhaps the GM's need to actually organice the camps a bit better, making sure there actually is room for all the groups, and that they can make one camp, regardless if they arrive sunday or wednesday morning.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde