dein, shop, larp, waffen

Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 12:19

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Gatehouse and Walls
BeitragVerfasst: Mo 7. Mai 2012, 12:04 

Hi,

our Camp has (as far as I know) no Gate and no Walls. I made a plan for a simple construction.
There would be a Gatehouse (4 meter) with a roof and 4 meter wall on the left and on the right.
This would cost about 400 euro. If I would be that mad to actually build it, would you
be willing to support me with money (and beer)?

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: Gatehouse and Walls
BeitragVerfasst: Di 8. Mai 2012, 11:06 

Well, i guess the money could be spent in better ways. Sure, the camp has no walls, but what if our camp (because of the size) gets attached to another camp? Or the city itself? Then we dont need it and all the sweat and money spent would for nothing...

While i admire the idea for putting your abilities and resources into the pool, my personal opinion is to find a better and possibly more useful thing to do... what about camp benches?

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mai 2012, 10:16 

Again merias you overwhelm me with your enthusiasm and generosity.

But as Robert said, we are looking to move away from the traditional faction camp concept. We are a neighbourhood of the town, a shanty town of immigrants and foreigners. Adventurers, not soldiers. I think there are a number of other projects that could be very cool to make our camp different from what people have experienced before.... if you are keen to be involved with those. :)

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mai 2012, 15:25 

With all the british folk, maybe a fence would be good?

You know, http://asterixonline.info/comics/Asterix_Comics/08/15

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mai 2012, 15:55 

In addtion they bring there own lawn, I can't believe they will be happy with this plants on the meadow ;)

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 4. Jun 2012, 01:06 

As there has been no response for a while, are their going to be sufficient benches etc? Will we have awnings to put over them? I.e will there be a decent communal space?

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 4. Jun 2012, 13:42 

I personally find the idea of having the beginners camp close to the city. At the same time no matter what we are connected to we will always have an open end that can do with gates and walls, unless we became a district of the city.
Based on what I have gathered so far Mythodea represents a very hostile enviroment. Under these circumstances even the smalles settlement would fortify its position. Of course battlements and a heavy gatehouse would overdo it. In my view it should look mor like a high fence rather than a wall and it should be a bgate without any housing added to it.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 6. Jun 2012, 14:06 

I have not had any resources allocated to me yet to determine about camp benches and awnings that are not directly provided by the groups.

The same applies for gates and walls. Unless a player group brings the materials, then I don't have the resources to construct that kind of defensive set up.

I am currently in negotiations with the seafarers and mercenaries to see how we can perhaps pool resources to make the best use of space and materials to try to give the players the experiences they want. The mercenaries want a set up that lets them be attacked. This means a designated fighting space in their camp to allow it to be "captured". The seafarers do not. I am more inclined to follow the seafarers on this one for our camp. If Wayfarers want to participate in a siege defense they can join in the fight to protect the merc camp or hire themselves out/volunteer to help one of the faction camps. I see an outright attack on the wayfarers arrival pretty much the same as a direct attack on the town. Possible but exceedingly unlikely.

Again, I am keen to not be overly ambitious. I do not want to try to do a gate or wall and end up with some half-assed sad attempt that will be ultimately disappointing. Just like I believe tents should be used to phys-rep tents and not pretend to be buildings of some sort. Any wall that is less than a real wall is just in the end not worth all the effort and money that could be spent elsewhere.

All that said, if someone has the time, money, materials and interest to make it happen then by all means please speak up.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 11. Jun 2012, 08:55 

I guess we will be going nowere until we know what size the camp is. Only then will we know what length the outer wall(s) will be. Then someone may plan what can be done to actually make a wall. I take it that the question of resources will be stopping us here.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde